Introducing Senior Attorney at Law
Lindsey R. Peckenpaugh
“As a certified mediator and a trained collaborative divorce attorney, I try to help my clients reach the best outcome without litigation whenever possible, and save them the time, money and added anxiety of going to trial.”
Family law attorney Lindsey R. Peckenpaugh believes that in any situation you can choose to either laugh or cry – and as an ugly crier, she chooses to laugh. Her optimism and sense of humor are appreciated by clients experiencing the turmoil that often comes with divorce or custody cases. Before joining Bliss Law Group in 2018, she was an associate attorney in another family law firm in University Place working for her mentor, Scott Candoo. A proud Washington native, Lindsey earned her B.A. in pre-law/political science from Washington State University and her J.D. from the University of Idaho College of Law. In addition to family law, Lindsey practices collaborative law and estate planning.
Lindsey is especially concerned about the stress kids face during divorce, which drives her to reach positive, family-focused resolutions which help to mitigate the risk that comes with litigation. Her volunteer work reflects her commitment to advocate for children. She is a former court appointed special advocate (GAL/CASA) for the Pierce County Juvenile Court.
Lindsey was named a 2021 Washington Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, a distinction awarded to less than 3% of the attorneys in the state. Her other legal awards and client reviews reflect her deep respect for people and her ability to meet them wherever they are in life.
“My dad is my hero and he predicted years ago I’d become either a lawyer or a liar, and given those choices, he’s pleased with the outcome.”
Lindsey lives in Tacoma near her close-knit family, and spends most of her free time with her two dogs: Winston, a black lab who is allergic to everything, and a shih tzu named Eddie who runs the show. A former high school exchange student in Rambouillet, France, Lindsey loves to practice her French and enjoy a glass of wine while cooking or planning her next travel adventure.
Lindsey is a member of the Washington State Bar Association, the International Academy of Collaborative Professional, Pierce County Washington Women Lawyers, American Inns of Court – Bryan Chapter and other professional organizations.
“Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it.”
– Albus Dumbledore
- Washington State University, Bachelor of Arts 2004 to 2008
- University of Idaho College of Law, Juris doctor 2008 to 2011
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association
- Collaborative Law Professionals of Pierce County
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Washington State Association of Justice
- Collaborative Divorce Tacoma
- Certified Mediator Pierce County
- Court Appointed Special Advocate Pierce County
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association Family Law Section Board member 2018
- Collaborative Law Professionals of Pierce County Board member 2017
- Collaborative Law Professionals of Pierce County Treasurer 2018