If you are a client-focused Family Law Paralegal with aspirations for career growth, we want to speak with you!
- Providing litigation and clerical support to attorneys
- Managing a substantial client caseload
- Maintaining client files
- Managing calendars: including scheduling and tracking deadlines, appointments, discovery, hearings, etc.
- Completing standardized dissolution and other court forms
- Drafting pleadings, declarations, and other documents
- Preparing and responding to discovery requests
- Drafting correspondence
- Filing documents; arranging for service of documents
- Ensuring all hearings are properly noted, and deadlines are properly calendared
- Accurately billing for all work
We are seeking a proactive candidate who works well independently and with co-workers, is empathetic towards clients, is detail-oriented, is a quick learner, and is a team player.
- This is NOT an entry-level position. A minimum of 2 years of Family Law experience in WA is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients/contacts
- Working knowledge of Office 365 programs, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook, as well as the ability to learn other programs
- Proven ability to conduct independent research
- Prepare and understand financial accounts as well as other financial and statistical reports
- Ability to understand tax forms, including but not limited to federal tax returns and schedules
- Associate’s degree or paralegal certificate with five years of comparable work experience preferred
- Demonstrate flexibility regarding client and legal team requests
- Meet billing requirements
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
About Bliss Law Group
Bliss Law Group is a boutique Family Law firm, based in beautiful Old Town Tacoma. We pride ourselves on providing quality legal representation and a first-class client experience.
Our people are what makes us great and we are committed to being an organization where careers thrive. We offer competitive pay, robust benefits, and opportunities for professional development. Come grow with us!
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Wellness Stipend
- Life Insurance
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k with up to 4% matching
- Free Parking
- Personal/professional development resources
- Passport Corporate Discount Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free snacks galore – and the BLG Team is known for making a mean charcuterie board!